Put on some relaxing music, get your favourite cup and fill it with whatever you like and sit down and do this simple reflection process for 2019. It is best done in the early days of the new year and then later you can move on to a more specific goal setting (if that is your thing).
Ask yourself these questions and write as much as you like.
- What did I achieve in 2019 (personal/relationships/finance/career or business)?
- What did I do in 2019 that made me proud (these don’t need to be big things, even small changes in mindset are relevant here)?
- What was I challenged by in 2019?
- What or who am I grateful for in 2019?
- What did I learn from 2019?
- What practises did I do in 2019 that really resonated with me or helped me to grow?
- Who do I need to forgive (this includes self) for not understanding or not knowing any different, for making mistakes, for causing pain or suffering to self and others in 2019?
If you need to extensively journal on the above questions, take the time and do that now and when you are ready continue with the questions below.
- What do I want to let go of in 2020 (practises that no longer resonate, harmful beliefs, limiting beliefs, practises that don’t allow me to grow, this might include people)?
- What do I want to achieve in 2020 (personal/relationships/finance/career or business)
- What do I want more of in 2020?
- How do I want to be in 2020?
The awareness in this next question is thanks to my discovery of the beautiful wise souls Preethaji & Krishnaji and Dr Shefali Tsbary.
- In 2019 did I live from a state of suffering/lack/fear/contraction or from a beautiful state of love/expansion? How do I want to live in 2020?
- What is my word for 2020?
- What is my affirmation for 2020?
If you are feeling hungry for more, reflect on the above points for the last decade from 2010 until now and see just how far you have come and achieved and then celebrate!
Thank the universe for all that happened in 2019 (even what may be characterised as less than desirable). Allow thoughts, feelings and desires to go out to the universe and trust that the people, things and support needed will show up when needed.
Happy New year. May it bring you abundance.